Founded in 1885 by sisters Penelope, Dorothy and Millicent Lawrence, Roedean School was originally known as Wimbledon House and based in Kemp Town, Brighton, with just 10 pupils.
At a time when educational opportunities for girls were limited, the Lawrence sisters set out to challenge convention with an ambitious and progressive vision. Their founding principles continue to inspire our School more than 140 years later.